What you pay Vs What you get
For a one-time fee of
You get zero brokerage for life
- Delivery - ₹20₹0
- Intraday - ₹20 per order₹0
- Futures & Options - ₹20 per lot₹0
- Currency - ₹20 per lot₹0
- Direct Mutual Funds - ₹0 Commission
A Global BRAND- Mirae Asset
5 Lakh +
of Global Expertise
Bn Global Assets
18 Lakh + Daily
Super fast 1-click
Stable & Secure
1 platform for all your investments
Lowest interest Rate
Now you can do MTF trading at one of the lowest interest rate in the industry
|Funding Value||m.Stocks’s Effective Interest Rate|
|Up to ₹25 Lakhs||9.99%|
|Above ₹25 Lakhs to ₹5 Crore||8.99%|
|Above ₹5 Crore||6.99%|
MTF interest rate will be charged on the total funding amount availed from m.Stock
irrespective of the number of positions taken.
700+ Stocks| Upto 80% Funding | Unlimited Holding Period | No Hidden Charges
- Take Delivery of your favourite stocks @
- Invest in IPOs
- Get FII/DII; Losers & Gainers data
₹20₹0 brokerage on all F&O trades
- No order or age restrictions
- Options chain, OI data
- ₹0 commissions – Earn 1% extra
- 5,000+ schemes on 1 platform
- Curated categories – Best funds, Top AMCs, Better than FDs and more.
- Invest in upcoming start-ups or established companies listing for the first time
- Benefit from potential listing gains
- 100% online, ASBA-supported application with separate reporting and tracking
Why you must open a Demat account with m.Stock
m.Stock’s Zero brokerage Demat account allows you to trade across all products at zero brokerage for life! Calculate your brokerage savings with m.Stock’s brokerage calculator.
Get access to top-notch technological features like advanced fundamental and technical charts, live news and market updates, pre-designed index baskets, flexible watchlists etc.
With m.Stock’s Margin Trading Facility (eMargin) you get upto 80% funding in more than 700 stocks at lowest-in-the-industry rate of 6.99%.
Access and benefit from a global investment powerhouse, Mirae Asset, with 25 years of global experience and 16+ years of Indian market experience.
With 100% paperless and efficient backend processes, you can open your m.Stock Demat account in less than 5 minutes. Through Digilocker, the entire process becomes infinitely simpler as your documents are pre-verified.
Executed more than 21 crore+ trades successfully with a stable, superfast trading App & Web platform.
Listen from our customers
How to open a Demat & Trading Account
Opening a Trading & Demat account is now Quick and Super Easy
- Enter your mobile number and fill out the online KYC
- Verify personal information - address proof, identity proof, PAN number and date of birth
- Select from payment options for a demat & trading account that is apt for you, and make the payment online
- Add your bank account and complete your profile
- eSign the Demat account opening form
- Upon successful verification, your Demat account will be operational within 24 hours and login credentials will be shared on your registered email id.
Expected MTF Turnover (₹)
Current MTF Interest Rate (%)
MTF Subscription Charged (₹)
Brokerage per MTF Order (₹)
Brokerage % on MTF Transaction
As per your Inputs
MTF Traded Value
₹ 0 Across 100 Orders
₹ 0 Calculated assuming 80% of the turnover
Effective Interest Rate
(Annual Interest + Brokerage + Subscription)
Effective Interest Rate
(Annual Interest + Brokerage + Subscription)
Overall saving with m.StockOpen an Account
Frequently Asked Questions
The term ‘Demat’ is short for ‘Dematerialisation’, which technically means removing the materialistic aspect of an object. In regard to the share market, dematerialisation of shares means converting the materialistic paper shares to electronic form. So, a Demat account is a virtual locker, similar to a bank account, which stores your financial assets like shares, bonds, ULIPs, Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) etc. in electronic form.
The terms Demat and trading account are used interchangeably, but they are not the same. A Demat account can only hold your securities. Whereas a trading account facilitates the actual buying and selling of the assets. So, your trades (buying and selling) take place through a trading account, but the settlement (debit in case of sell order and credit in case of buy order) happens in the Demat account.
Demat accounts are mandatory for investors who wish to invest in the Indian stock markets. A virtual account, Demat account stores financial assets in electronic form, assisting in seamless and hassle-free trading. There are three basic types of Demat accounts in India – Regular Demat account is opened by resident individuals and is linked with a resident (regular) bank account. The second type of Demat account is called Repatriable Demat account, which is ideal for NRIs who want to invest in the Indian markets from across the globe. As the name suggests, investors can repatriate or transfer funds back to foreign countries, as and when required. A regular Demat account holder will not be able to repatriate funds overseas. A Non-Resident External (NRE) bank account is compulsory when opening a repatriable Demat account. The third type of Demat account is Non Repatriable Demat account, which is also for NRIs but here, funds cannot be transferred back overseas. A Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) bank account is a must when opening a Non Repatriable Demat account. There is a lesser known fourth type of Demat account – Basic Services Demat account (BSDA). This account is for small retail investors where the value of the assets held in Demat account is less than ₹2 lakhs. The account maintenance charges for BSDA is lower than a regular Demat account.
The primary advantages and features of DEMAT account are as below:
- You can conveniently transfer your shares from one investor to another or one DEMAT account to another.
- You can dematerialise or convert your old share certificates to the electronic form. You can also rematerialise them to the paper form if needed. You need to pay a nominal fee for rematerialisation and dematerialisation, which differs from broker to broker.
- You can enjoy the many corporate benefits associated with investing in market securities. For instance, you can access benefits like dividend payment, interest on investments, refunds, etc., offered by the companies in which you have invested.
- One of the most prominent DEMAT account advantages is that you can avail of loan and overdraft facilities with DEMAT account. You can use your existing securities as collateral to avail of these facilities.
- DEMAT accounts reduce the risk of losing, misplacing, or damaging your investment certificates and proof of investments. You can easily exit or liquidate your investments online with just a few clicks.
- Per SEBI guidelines, you must mandatorily file a nominee or provide a signed declaration if you wish not to register one.
Opening a m.Stock Demat account is a simple, hassle-free process that takes less than 5 minutes. To open m.Stock Demat account:
- Download m.Stock mobile app from Appstore or Play store. You can also visit www.mstock.com
- Click on ‘Open an Account’ button
- Enter your mobile number and submit
- Verify your mobile number with OTP
- Enter and verify your email id with OTP
- Enter your PAN and Date of Birth
- Select your preferred brokerage plan and make the payment.
- In the next step, you have to upload your selfie and signature.
- Once this is done, add your preferred bank account and verify the same.
- Now fill in your personal details like name, trading experience, nominee details etc.
- If you trade or are planning to trade in Derivatives segment (F&O) then you will have to activate derivatives segment and upload any one proof like 6-month bank statement, salary slip, ITR acknowledgement slip, form 16 etc.
- Then comes the eSign stage. Once your signature is successfully uploaded, your account opening process is complete! You can now reap the benefits of zero brokerage for life!
Demat account charges vary among different brokers. At m.Stock, for example, you have the option to make a one-time payment @ Rs. 999 post which you will not be charged any Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC) and you can conduct unlimited trades without paying any brokerage for life.
A Depository Participant is simply an intermediary or entity through which you can invest in market securities. DPs serve as a link between the two primary depositories in India - The National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and the Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL) and the account holder. Banks, Brokerage Houses, and other financial institutions registered with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) serve as DPs in India.
Checking account balance in your m.Stock account is a fairly straightforward process. There are two ways to go about it.
For summary: Login to your m.Stock account. On the home screen, your total assets, equity, and cash balance will be displayed. In case of a negative cash balance, you can add funds to ensure an uninterrupted trading experience.
For detailed view: After logging in, access ‘reports’ section under the menu option. Here, you can check your ‘Funds Summary’, Ledger, eMargin Ledger and other reports. In the ‘Funds Summary’ report, you will find detailed information on your account balance.
When you sell shares, the sale proceeds are received in your trading account, not Demat account. This trading account is linked to your bank account. So, when you want to withdraw funds (after selling stocks or closing a position), you can place a ‘funds payout’ request with your broker and once approved, the funds can be conveniently transferred from your trading account to your linked bank account. While there are no restrictions or upper limit on the withdrawal amount, it is recommended to maintain sufficient balance to cover your open positions and avoid unnecessary penalties or square-offs.
Yes, you can have more than one Demat account mapped to your trading account by transferring your single or joint DP ID with an upper limit of 3 account holders. However, you will have to pay annual maintenance charges for each Demat account you own.
Yes, it is possible to open a Demat account in the name of a minor but all the transactions will be through the parent or guardian, till the account holder reaches the age of 18. However, a trading account cannot be opened for a minor.
Systematic investment plan (SIP) is super popular among retail investors as it allows them to invest a small amount (SIP starts with ₹100) at regular intervals, eliminating the need for timing the market. Disciplined SIP investing also helps investors benefit from the power of compounding. There are multiple ways of investing in SIPs. You can directly invest via a Demat account (preferable) or invest via a mutual fund distributor or agent. However, investment made with distributors is typically in regular plans, where the expense ratio is on the higher side, which directly impacts an investor’s take-home income. Hence, it is recommended to invest in SIPs through a Demat account so that the units are held digitally and can be bought and sold from any corner of the world. Another advantage of investing in SIPs via a Demat account is that you can start or stop SIP with a click of a button. However, the biggest advantage of investing in SIPs through a Demat account is that you can invest directly with the AMC, eliminating any middlemen and saving on expense ratio, which will increase your take-home profits and create a substantial corpus difference in the long run.
Yes, you can hold your mutual fund units in a Demat account. This makes it easier to start a new SIP or top up an existing SIP without any delays or the hassle of paperwork. In addition to mutual funds, your Demat account also holds shares, bonds, debentures, sovereign gold bonds, ETFs, ULIPs and other financial assets. With all your assets at one place, tracking, monitoring, and taking timely corrective action becomes easy and convenient.
There's another catch here. Since your physical applications are processed by a distributor or agent, you are most likely investing in regular plans where you're paying a higher expense ratio which reduces the return on investment. But when you invest in mutual funds with m.Stock, you earn 1% higher returns via direct plans and you get access to 5,000+ mutual funds on 1 platform.
- Equity: Common equity shares, partly paid up shares and preference shares
- Fixed income: Bonds, Debentures
- Mutual Funds
- Sovereign gold bonds
- Unit Linked Insurance Plans (ULIPs)
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Capital gains and tax-free bonds
- Money market instruments: Treasury bills, Commercial papers, Certificates of Deposits
- Login to m.Stock
- Visit the ‘profile’ section and go to ‘segments’ under account details
- On the following page, click on the ‘Nominee Modification’ option and click on ‘Add Nominee’
- Once submitted, your nominee will be updated within 24 hours.