Enter your current MTF details and discover how you can save with m.Stock’s eMargin
Expected MTF Turnover
Current MTF Interest Rate
Subscription Amount Paid for MTF
No. of Orders Placed for MTF
Brokerage per MTF Order
Brokerage % on MTF Transaction
As per your Inputs
MTF Traded Value
₹ 0Across Orders
₹ 0Calculated assuming 80% of the turnover
Effective Interest Rate
Annual Interest Amount
(Annual Interest Amount + Brokerage + Subscription)
Effective Interest Rate
Annual Interest Amount
(Annual Interest Amount + Brokerage + Subscription)
Overall saving with m.Stock
₹ 0Open an Account
What is eMargin - Margin Trading Facility
Margin Trading Facility, also referred to as eMargin is an exchange approved product, which eliminates the problem of insufficient funding while you place a delivery trade. That is, with eMargin, you can place a trade in the delivery segment with margin requirement as low as 20% and the remaining being funded by your broker.
Increased return potential
Increase your returns as a result of increased buying potential through MTF
Benefit from price movement
Advantageous for investors who want to profit from price movements in the short term
Increase percentage return on capital
Improve the percentage return on capital deployed / or initial capital
12 Reasons for using m.Stock’s eMargin Facility
Lowest interest Rate
Now you can do MTF trading at one of the lowest interest rate in the industry
|Funding Value||^m.Stock’s Effective Interest Rate|
|Up to ₹10 Lakhs||9.49%|
|₹10 Lakhs - ₹25 Lakhs||8.99%|
|Above ₹25 Lakhs||7.99%|
MTF interest rate will be charged on the total funding amount availed from m.Stock irrespective of the number of positions taken.
|1. Lowest interest Rate||7.99% - 9.49%||Upto 18%|
|2. Pledging||Pre-pledge||Post Pledge|
|3. Pledge Charges||₹12||Upto ₹29|
|4. Holding Period||Unlimited||365 Days|
|5. Number of Scrips||700+||200 - 900|
|6. % Funding||Upto 80%||50% - 70%|
|7. Subscription Charges||₹0||Upto ₹10,000|
|8. Hidden Charges||No Hidden Charges||Low interest rate against subscription charges, holding period & interest period|
9. ZERO Brokerage
While using Margin Trading Facility (MTF) via m.Stock, continue to pay zero brokerage on all your trades
10. 3-Click Process
With the quick & intuitive platform interface, you can trade in eMargin in just 3 simple clicks
11. Clear Tracking
You can track all our MTF positions in 1 click under the positions tab in your app & web
12. Superior Return on Investment
With zero subscription fees and brokerage charges, your effective ROI increases manifolds
How to buy stocks using MTF on m.Stock?
All it takes is 3 simple steps to avail Margin Trading Facility @ m.Stock
Select the Stock & Enter the Quantity
Select the stock you want to purchase and enter the quantity. The amount of margin available will automatically reflect on your screen. Check the list of stocks available in MTF.
Pledge the Stocks
Pledge the selected stocks before the order placement. It will be driven through the pledge process as defined by the Central Depository Services (India) Limited (CDSL).
Place the Order
Place the buy order in one click and complete your purchase.
Since your shares are pre-pledged which is an exclusive feature offered by m.Stock, you don’t have to go through the hassle of authenticating it post taking the trade and also saving yourself from a much higher rate of interest.
Click here to view a detailed example on how MTF works
Here's all you need to know about Margin Trading Facility
Margin Trading Facility (MTF), also known as eMargin, is a product where you get funding from m.Stock for buying stocks in the share market. This facility is exclusively for delivery trades only. m.Stock offers up to 80% funding on more than 700 stocks with interest as low as 7.99% annually. The eMargin facility has no subscription fees or hidden charges and is absolutely free with your m.Stock Demat account.
Let’s assume that you want to buy stocks worth ₹100,000 but only have ₹25,000 in your account. To fund the balance ₹75,000, you can avail m.Stock’s eMargin facility by pledging your stocks. In exchange, we will charge interest on the funding value. In the above case, m.Stock will charge as low as 9.49% p.a. i.e., ₹ 593 for one month (varies as per your holding period).
The eMargin facility is only available in the Equity segment (cash market). You cannot use the eMargin facility in the Futures & Options segment.
Yes, eMargin is exclusively available for delivery trades only. It is not available for intraday trading. However, you can sell your shares on the same day.
Under eMargin, you can get funding for up to 80% of the total trade value depending upon the stock.
The interest charged under the eMargin facility depends on the gross funding value and holding period. m.Stock charges one of the lowest interest rates in the industry, which are as follows:
|Funding Value||Interest Rate (p.a.)|
|Below ₹ 10 Lakhs||9.49%|
|₹ 10 Lakhs - ₹ 25 Lakhs||8.99%|
|Above ₹ 25 lakhs||7.99%|
Interest charged under eMargin is calculated based on two parameters -
- Gross Funding Value
- Holding Period
Let’s say you want to buy stocks worth ₹ 10 Lakhs. You already have ₹ 2.5 Lakhs in your account. For the balance ₹ 7.5 Lakhs, you avail m.Stock’s eMargin facility. Since the funding value is below ₹ 10 Lakhs, the interest charged is 9.49% p.a. Now suppose you hold this position for 30 days. In this case, your interest will be ₹ 5,850 for 30 days.
m.Stock charges a flat interest rate of 9.49% p.a. on MTF where the gross funding value is less than ₹25 Lakhs. Thus, the effective interest rate for one day will come to 0.026% (9.49% ÷ 365 days). As the interest rate falls to 7.99%, the effective interest rate also reduces to just 0.022% for one day (7.99% ÷ 365 days).
The interest charged on MTF is payable on a daily basis. It is directly debited to your ledger at the end of each day till the time you hold the position.
The primary reasons that make m.Stock’s eMargin facility superior to other MTFs are:
- Lowest Interest Rate: m.Stock charges one of the lowest interest rates on MTF in the country. For funding value of more than ₹25 Lakhs, we charge as little as 7.99%.
- Unlimited Holding Period: Under eMargin, there is no restriction on how long you can keep your position open. You can hold your stocks for as long as you want.
- High Funding: m.Stock offers funding up to 80% of the total trade value.
- Vast Collection of Stocks: m.Stock offers margin trading facility for more than 700 stocks. Check out the list of stocks available under eMargin here.
- Zero Subscription Charges: Our eMargin facility is absolutely free for m.Stock Demat account holders. There is no separate subscription fees or charges.
- Zero Brokerage: With m.Stock’s eMargin, you pay zero brokerage for your trades.
- Visionary Pre-Pledge Facility: m.Stock is the first in the industry to introduce the concept of pre-pledging of shares, which helps you avoid paying hefty interest rates (as high as 18%) in case you forget or miss out on pledging post order execution.
- No Hidden Charges: Our eMargin facility is absolutely free of cost to m.Stock Demat account holders. There are no hidden charges with eMargin.
- Lowest Pledge and Un-Pledge Charges: Pledging is an essential part of the eMargin facility. While other brokers charge as high as ₹20 per scrip per trade, m.Stock charges just ₹12 per scrip per trade.
- User-Friendly Interface: You can avail the eMargin facility in 3 simple clicks with our quick, seamless, and intuitive m.Stock app.
- Higher Buying Potential: With eMargin, you can unlock higher buying potential as you get access to more than 700 stocks and never have to lose out on market opportunities.
With eMargin, m.Stock is the first broker to introduce the concept of pre-pledging of stocks. However, in the case of partial execution of margin trades or selling partial quantity under MTF or CNC (Cash and Carry), you are required to complete the pledge process post-trade. The time limit for pledging is till 10:00 a.m. on the Settlement Day i.e., T+1 / T+2 days depending on the settlement cycle of the scrip. It is to be done through a CDSL link sent to you via SMS/Email.
If your previous position is not pledged, then it will be automatically squared-off. In that case, you can freely initiate a fresh position.
If you fail to maintain the required margin, then the shares purchased under MTF are automatically squared-off. The balance amount is settled by the broker after deducting the interest charges.
Follow the below steps to buy stocks under the eMargin facility:
- First select the stock that you wish to buy. m.Stock offers more than 700 stocks under the eMargin facility.
- Once you have decided on the stock, click on the “Buy” order screen.
- Select “eMargin” as your product type
- Enter quantity and rate (in case of a limit order)
- Click on “Buy”
- You will be redirected to the CDSL page for authorizing the pledge transaction.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered email ID and mobile number
- Verify the OTP and your pledge request will be completed successfully
- Post this, you will have to click on “Buy” to complete the transaction.
You can cancel the MTF order from the “Orders” section if it has not been executed. Simply open the “Orders'' section, then go to “Pending” orders, and select the open MTF order you want to cancel. Then simply click on “Cancel” and confirm. Carefully review the order details before confirming the cancellation request.
You can sell the shares purchased under eMargin any time from the m.Stock app or the m.Stock’s web terminal and book your profits.
m.Stock charges one of the lowest shares pledging and un-pledging charges of just ₹12 per scrip against industry average of ₹20 per scrip.
If your previous position is not pledged, then it will get squared-off automatically. In that case, you can freely initiate a fresh position. In any case, you can take any number of eMargin positions simultaneously.
In case of eMargin, the pledge validation link comes before you place the buy order. Elsewhere. the validation link for margin shares purchased today is sent to you via SMS/Email by CDSL after market hours. You must note that the pledge process needs to be completed only in cases where your margin trades are partially executed, or partial quantity is sold under MTF or CNC. The time limit for pledging is till 10:00 a.m. on the Settlement Day means T+1 / T+2 depending on the settlement cycle of the scrip.
In Margin Pledge, you use your existing shares as collateral for getting extra margin. Whereas in MTF Pledge, you mark the fresh shares that you want to buy as a collateral to your broker. So, ideally margin pledge is funding done on collateral whereas MTF pledge is transactional funding.
Mirae Asset’s m.Stock app is one of the best applications for margin trading in India. It offers up to 80% funding in more than 700 stocks at one of the lowest interest rates of 7.99% p.a. in the country. You also have the freedom to hold the stocks as long as you want, without any restrictions. The eMargin facility is available freely with your m.Stock Demat account at no additional subscription fees or hidden charges.
The eMargin facility comes free with your m.Stock Demat account. To avail this facility, simply click on the eMargin tab on the order page.